- Drain and wrap tofu in an absorbent towel.
- Warm skillet over medium heat, add 2 TBSP of oil and evenly coat the bottom of your skillet.
- Crumble tofu into the pan, using your fingers to break the pieces apart. I usually break the block into 5-6 pieces and then use a fork to keep it chunky and mix it around.
- Pour RATIONS Tofu Scramble Seasoning over tofu and mix well, trying to add color to as much tofu as possible.
- Continue to stir and mix tofu until it's heated throughout, anywhere from 8 to10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides (like toast or potatoes) or toppings (like Phoney Baloney's Coconut Bacon or salsa).
I (Andrea) have never eaten a "real" deviled egg. But if you mention those suckers to Kyle? He'll tell you how much he used to love them and how many he could eat in a sitting. The idea of an egg yolk mixed with mayonnaise never appealed to me- I didn't even eat mayo until I went vegan and was schooled on the glory that is Vegenaise! But these Devilish Potatoes that Isa posted on the Post Punk Kitchen blog caught my eye and I've wanted to make them ever since. There's pretty much no potato recipe that I'll turn away from!
Our recipe uses ingredients that you've probably already got in your kitchen, and comes together pretty quickly once you've roasted your potatoes.
There's a ton of variations you could try on these, we'll list some of ours at the end of the recipe!
9 small potatoes, we used baby gold potatoes (approx. 2" diameter)
1/4 cup Vegenaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 single serve Rations Tofu Scramble Seasoning
Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. While your oven is heating up, scrub your potatoes. Pierce your potatoes with a fork, make sure to do this a few times around the potato to let the steam out of it as it cooks. We lightly coated our potatoes with oil and salt, since we'll be eating the skin!
- Bake the potatoes for about 30-35 minutes.
- Once your potatoes are out of the oven, let them cool completely. Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise. Use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out the centers of the potato. Collect the inside of the potato in a bowl as you scoop it out! Set aside your potato "eggs".
- Take the bowl with the potato that you scooped out and make your filling. We used our small food processor for this, but you can use a fork or a potato masher if your potatoes are very tender. Mix the potato, Vegenaise, lemon juice, mustard and Rations Tofu Scramble Seasoning together until smooth.
- You can use a spoon to fill your potatoes, or you can use a pastry tip! Fill your potatoes and sprinkle them with paprika.
- Stuff in your mouth. Or feed your guests... if you have to. ;)
Pepperoncini Variation: Sub out the lemon juice for 1 whole chopped pepperoncini, you can also add a splash of the brine from the jar into your mixture.
Coconut Bacon Variation: Try it topped with coconut bacon, or even throw coconut bacon into the mixture, especially if you're using a food processor.