This is a big day for us here at Phoney Baloney's. Isa Chandra Moskowitz, quite possibly the world's most read vegan cookbook author, just posted a stellar recipe for Butterscotch Bacon Cupcakes using our Coconut Bacon. Please visit the PPK site to check it out!
Here's the baker's version of our Vegan Elvis sandwich. Makes one dozen.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Earth Balance, at room temperature
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 375° and line a cupcake tin with cutesie liners. ;P
- Cream together the Earth Balance, sugar, and bananas until smooth.
- Add corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine completely.
- Add vanilla extract and combine completely.
- Add flour ½ cup at a time and combine each time, there shouldn’t be any lumps or bumps in the batter. This won’t be a very runny batter, it’ll be slightly thick but wet.
- Pour into cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375°, then lower your oven to 350. This will help you get domed top cupcakes!
- Bake for another 12 minutes at 350° & allow to cool completely before frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting
½ cup Earth Balance, at room temperature & cubed
1 cup peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp vanilla non-dairy milk (use only as needed)
- Beat Earth Balance and peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar, about half a cup at a time.
- If your frosting seems to be getting too thick, add a tablespoon of non-dairy milk in at a time.
- Frost cupcakes with whatever means you like, then roll in Coconut Bacon.
The Phoney Baloney's Coconut Bacon is available for purchase online at www.rationsfoods.com.