Here's the baker's version of our Vegan Elvis sandwich. Makes one dozen.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Earth Balance, at room temperature
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 375° and line a cupcake tin with cutesie liners. ;P
- Cream together the Earth Balance, sugar, and bananas until smooth.
- Add corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine completely.
- Add vanilla extract and combine completely.
- Add flour ½ cup at a time and combine each time, there shouldn’t be any lumps or bumps in the batter. This won’t be a very runny batter, it’ll be slightly thick but wet.
- Pour into cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375°, then lower your oven to 350. This will help you get domed top cupcakes!
- Bake for another 12 minutes at 350° & allow to cool completely before frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting
½ cup Earth Balance, at room temperature & cubed
1 cup peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp vanilla non-dairy milk (use only as needed)
- Beat Earth Balance and peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar, about half a cup at a time.
- If your frosting seems to be getting too thick, add a tablespoon of non-dairy milk in at a time.
- Frost cupcakes with whatever means you like, then roll in Coconut Bacon.
The Phoney Baloney's Coconut Bacon is available for purchase online at www.rationsfoods.com.