As always, I feel silly sharing a recipe that's more about construction than actually cooking. It has been ages and ages since I've made a crescent roll ring but recipes for different versions keep popping up in my social media feeds (thanks, Buzzfeed) so I thought it would be a good addition to our Eggless Easter brunch suggestions.
The very first time I made a crescent ring was also with a scramble filling and I made it at my parent's house, it was one of the first times I cooked anything vegan at their home. I thought I was cooking for myself and that I would have leftovers for quick breakfasts. Didn't happen. I left the ring of doughy goodness in the kitchen and returned to find that my Dad ate the ENTIRE thing. He didn't even realize it was entirely vegan, he just thought it was delicious and went to town. I guess I'm including this as a warning to anyone who wants a second helping; get it while you can because the combination of crescent rolls and...pretty much anything, is too good for anyone to pass up.
What You'll Need:
-Tofu Scramble (I made mine the day before and refrigerated it so I could just assemble and bake)
-Crescent Rolls (You can get the organic kind, the generic brand- whatever your wallet and diet allows)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Find a circular object to use as a guide for the center of your ring. If you're serving with a sauce, I would use the container for that sauce so it can sit in the middle.
- Unroll dough sheet. Use the longer side to create a sort of 'sun' shape around the object in the middle. Lay the pieces over each other so there's a solid ring of dough at the base.
- Fill with tofu scramble! I used our Simple Tofu Scramble recipe and added cheese. I used an ice cream/cookie scoop but I don't think that's entirely necessary.
- Bring the pointed ends towards the center and press down to pinch the dough together. You can also tuck the dough underneath the base for a tighter roll. Do this until the tofu scramble is entirely enclosed.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden.
- As always, STUFF FACE. But probably wait like 5-ish minutes so you don't burn yourself.